Meet Our Interns: Mathieu Baril (he/him)
Mathieu joined CGLCC as Intern, Marketing Coordinator in 2020. Before joining the team, he pursued doctoral studies in philosophy at McGill University and worked in the higher education industry. He is passionate about communication and LGBT+ causes and aims at helping his community flourish.
Get to know Zhané
- What is your role at CGLCC?
My role is Intern, Marketing Coordinator.
- Before working at CGLCC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
The most unusual job that I’ve had was my first job: I was a human dishwasher! Basically, I washed dishes in a chain restaurant. The most interesting was teaching ethics to a group of undergrads.
- What drew you to CGLCC originally?
I wanted to be involved in and make a difference for my community, and to contribute to make our country a more diverse and inclusive place.
- How will this position with the CGLCC help you in your career development?
I am expecting to get some practical real-life experience within an organization. I want to learn to navigate and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. And I also want to learn communication and marketing strategies.
- Who would your dream dinner guest be?
There are so many, so it is hard to tell! One of them is certainly Baruch Spinoza.