MEET SONAMI !
Companies in the manufacturing industry, SONAMI can support you with your R&D
Leverage SONAMI support and partner with a post-secondary institution
Canadian companies within the manufacturing industry, did you know you can get access to federal funding, expertise from post-secondary institutions, and state-of-the-art equipment through the Southern Ontario Network for Advanced Manufacturing Innovation (SONAMI)?
Let SONAMI be your in-house research and development (R&D) team.
SONAMI is a Niagara College-led network of eleven post-secondary institutions, who, through their respective Research and Innovation Centres, collaborate with small- and medium-sized companies to tackle their manufacturing-related challenges.
Why should you leverage support from SONAMI?
- 1:1.2 match for company cash and in-kind contributions
- For example: 10K invested into the project by SONAMI, and $12K financed by the company (20% should be in cash the rest can be in-kind or cash)
- Companies keep their Intellectual Property (IP)
- Streamlined application process (no long application form, just contact SONAMI)
- Companies approach with a concept and/or challenge, then researchers develop and test innovative solutions that meet the manufacturer’s requirements
- No administrative or compliance hassles
- Serves companies in all of Canada
- Continual intake process
- additive manufacturing technologies
- product testing & validation
- information & communication technology (including cyber security)
- process optimization
- simulation & modelling
- commercialization and intellectual property protection support, and many more
Your company may be a good fit to work with SONAMI, even though your challenge does not neatly fit with the capabilities mentioned above. For example, SONAMI can help companies:
- reduce the carbon footprint in their packaging
- that do not manufacture products, but serve manufacturing companies
- protect critical business data and information
Contact Mitchell Lutz, Business Development Lead at SONAMI firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you can leverage assistance from SONAMI for challenges your company is facing.
Learn more on SONAMI’s website (sonamiontario.ca).
Watch a quick overview of SONAMI:
Mitchell Lutz is the Business Development Lead for the Southern Ontario Network for Advanced Manufacturing Innovation (SONAMI), a Niagara College-led consortium of eleven academic institutions supporting manufacturers’ research and development needs through applied research projects. In his role, Mitchell is responsible for researching, planning, and implementing new target market initiatives and supporting the recruitment and outreach activities of the network.
Interested in learning more about some of our Corporate Partners? This is the perfect opportunity to meet some of our partners at the CGLCC and see what they are specifically looking for in procurement.
Please note that our Meet The Buyer sessions are for certified diverse suppliers only – for more information on becoming a certified supplier with CGLCC, click here or email us at email@example.com.