CGLCC Trade Mission to the United Kingdom & the European Union 2023
Read more about the Trade Mission in CGLCC’s press release, The first Canadian LGBTQ Trade Delegation to the United Kingdom and Europe marks a new chapter in fostering a more inclusive Canadian economy.
- Promote your business across Trade Commissioner Service Canada and our Global Affiliates in New Markets with top LGBTQ businesses, corporates, and allied business leaders.
- Enjoy a rich networking environment amongst like-minded business people and organizations who are ready to meet and help LGBTQ businesses gain a foothold in the market.
- Learn about supplier diversity in the European Union and explore opportunities with Canada’s new Free Trade Agreement CETAs and the opportunities that exist for certified LGBTQ owned businesses.
- Take part in programming organized specifically for the Canadian delegation to network with UK + EU corporations and the local business community.
- Making time to make connections works! Each year the delegates who attend our Trade Missions report that the introductions and networking made possible by participating helped their company forge valuable business connections and/or make inroads into a valued market.
- Participating could qualify you to certify your LGBTQ business at no cost to you via TCS’s new certification grant opportunity.
- CGLCC has secured funding to cover up to 50% of your travel and accommodation per diems (with support from CanExport).
- After London, our stopovers in Amsterdam, Vienna, Brussels are an excellent way to maximize your travel time, expenses, and exposure by being part of the first LGBTQ mission to the UK and Europe ever! .
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Canadian LGBTQ SMEs* looking to learn more about UK EU supplier-diversity programs and/or seeking businesses or supplier-diversity opportunities in the UK and Europe.
- Qualified Corporate companies seeking networking opportunities with LGBTQ suppliers and Global Affiliate business networks.
*SMEs will benefit most if they are currently certified LGBTQ business enterprises through the CGLCC, or be eligible for certification as an LGBTQ business enterprise. For more information on eligibility, and certification contact Cass@cglcc.ca
Interested? Contact Cass@cglcc.ca for more information.
Looking to certify your company as an LGBTQ owned business? Contact Cass Elliott for more information. Mention the Trade Mission for possible fee waiver.
LGBTQ owned businesses that participated in our previous Trade Missions called the experience “invaluable” and felt confident that concrete economic benefits would result, both in terms of building and expanding business connections and partnerships, as well as securing real contract opportunities.
- 50% Travel Airfare: One round trip flight. plus connecting flights to 1 or 2 cities in Europe.
- 50% Accommodation and Per diem: Budgeted amount is 50% of 400$ per day.
- 50% Local Transit Costs: Some costs covered 50% by funding
- 0% Registration Costs: CGLCC registration fee waived (valued at $1200), additional local registrations TBD but expected to be minimal.
Participation may include any of: B2B matchmaking in new markets, inclusion in international promotion/media, inclusion in the Canadian Delegation Directory, access to global affiliate international member networking receptions including possible embassy socials, corporate meet and greets, business development training sessions and workshops. Stay tuned for details! * If you are interested in sponsoring an additional component in the program contact Cass directly.
LENGTH OF TIME & TRAVEL DATES:
- Travel to London Wednesday March 15, London Program March 16, 17, Weekend
- Travel to Vienna by Sunday March 19, Vienna Program March 20, 21, Travel to Canada.
SELECT PREFERRED DATE RANGE:
While registering please let us know if you have any conflicts in March that would prevent you from attending certain days. The trip is planned for March 16-21 if you wish to participate in the full mission.
Spaces are limited!
Sign up for the first ever LGBTQ Trade Delegation to the UK + Europe